• banner
  • banner
  • banner
  • banner
Carousel CSS3 by WOWSlider.com v3.8

NAZARETH ASHRAM
(1960 – Ernakulam Archdiocese)
Aluva, 683 101,
Ernakulam Dt., Kerala
Tel: 0484-2623317




History

Our present house is the second Capuchin foundation in Aluva. The first one, called Assisi Friary, which was solemnly blessed on 28 April, 1937, was freely given over to the cloistered Poor Clares in 1942 when they had to flee from Burma during the World War II.

Nazareth Ashram was started by Br. Ignatius and was built by him. His Eminence Joseph Cardinal Parekattil graciously invited us and gave permission to start a house in the Archdiocese. Aluva was found suitable for a friary and the present plot of land was donated by late Dr. P.J. Thomas. Br. Ignatius, Br. Julian and Br. Donatus were the first friars at Aluva and they worked tirelessly to put up the building. The foundation stone of the chapel was blessed on 30th Aug., 1962. The house was made the Provincialate in 1972. But in July, 1977 the Provincialate was transferred to the adjacent Ashram. Again from October 25, 1999, to April 15,2002, it functioned as the Provincialate of St. Thomas Capuchin Province.

Main Ministry: Prayer House, SFO.

Inmates

Br. Pauly Madassery (Guardian, Friendship House)
Br. Jose Pullokaran (Vicar, SFO)
Br. Justinian Cherupallikat
Br. Joseph Thyagaraj Akkanath (Procurator)
Br. Joseph Kalapparambath
Br. Biju Panamkulam
Br. Saju Chirakkal